Saturday, April 20, 2013

Trip to Kyūshū, Part I

This summer, my family and I traveled around the Kyushu region of Japan. Our first day was spent in Hakata, Fukuoka. Luckily, that was a free day and I wasn't bombarded with tours just yet. We spent the afternoon walking around the city, shopping, eating, enjoying the cold weather, and soaking in the beautiful sights. Nothing beats wandering around the tiny streets of Japan -- blistering feet suddenly becomes so much easier to endure.We stayed at Hakata Excel Hotel Tokyu which was right across a beautiful park and a canal (not the sewage kind). Our hotel was also just a ten minute walk from Canal City, a large shopping complex. My excitement levels were off the charts when I saw a Moomin Cafe, I only ever dreamed of seeing one in magazines.. I also managed to do some shopping, can you spot the bunny ears beanie? The next day, we set off to Huis Ten Bosch (haus•ten•bos), a Dutch-themed theme park that was overflowing with flowers, tulips galore! Schoon Boob, anyone?

More to come!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are really lovely! It sounds like you had a grand time there, looking forward to seeing more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so exciting, I'm drooling over the matcha ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The food looks so good. *O*

    Sounds like you had a great time there, I am so jealous haha. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, Moomin Cafe!!! I'm so jealous! And I think it's hilarious to spot Huis ten Bosch on your blog when you're in Japan. I was aware there was some kind of Dutch village built in Japan, but that it's actually called that actually is so funny. It actually does almost look like a Dutch village in a region near Amsterdam.

    I'm looking forward to all the other pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They even had Moomin pasta for sale (;o;) ha ha. Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw that our itinerary included visiting a Dutch theme park! I'd like to see a real Dutch village though, it must be so grand (compared to a theme park, that is)! Although it wouldn't have a One Piece attraction, ha ha ha.

      (More pictures will come Soonin -ha ha ha-)

      Delete