Monday, March 18, 2013

Mitsuyado Sei-Men + Yamato

Have you ever heard of tsukemen? "Tsukemen" means "dipping noodles". The noodles are served with soup in a separate bowl where you dip the noodles before taking a bite, similar to how soba is eaten. Mitsuyado Sei-Men is the first restaurant I've been to that serves tsukemen, I never even knew such a dish existed! Customers have the option to eat tsukemen with either hot or cold soup. I ordered the Marutoku Tsukemen which came with soup that tasted of yuzu, a very interesting flavor. It's also nice to just look at the interior, the restaurant looks like a tiny alley in Japan.

Right next to Mitsuyado Sei-Men is Yamato, a bakery and cafe (run by the same owners). They have different kinds of breads and pastries, it's hard to choose which one to try first! My personal favorites are the strawberry shortcake and the choux cream. I think these desserts are best paired with a bottle of fresh milk that can also be bought from Yamato.

After such a big meal, I felt quite sleepy.

No. 22 Jupiter Street, Barangay Bel Air, Makati City

//

Yashica Electro 35 GS
Fujicolor YKL 100

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I really wanna go to a Japanese restaurant for some ramen. I've never tasted the real thing :( Tsukemen sounds interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm I haven't tried dipping noodles before, but I'm not that big on Japanese food when it comes down to it! Desserts are a different story though, the ones you got look super cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm everything looks great!!

    http://heydahye.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you just got me craving for ramen!!!! >.<

    ReplyDelete