Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This thrill

My very first shot with my film camera. This picture was taken along the oval of my university.

An awkward photo of cutely boxed mini pizzas.

Hearts climbing a tree!

This critter wouldn't look at the camera at all! Only after I had taken the picture, when it was surprised by the sound of the shutter..

Pretty weeds in white and purple.

Ruben, who posed like this initially as a joke but I made him stick to it.

It feels so great to capture things on film, it's hard to put it in words. I feel anxious when taking photos because I really want to make sure I get a good one, that I don't miss that moment. It's such a different experience from using a digital camera and editing photos to make them look vintage and film-y. I wonder how analog cameras can capture the world so genuinely.

//

Canon AE-1
Kodak Gold 200 (expired)

6 comments:

  1. beautiful photos, love the one of the mini pizza box!
    Lucia
    http://luciasloves.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Love your blog.

    New follower Ashton Belle from:
    lovelifeandtruthtells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a beautiful blog. I am totally in love! Reading your pose makes me want to dig up my old analog camera, let's hope that it is still in good working condition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are lovely! I've only ever shot on film for school, but it definitely has a quality that digital cameras don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, this is so wonderful. I love analog photography, I guess it's something about the round pixels instead of the square pixels in digital photography. I love every colour you captured, it's almost like I can smell the smells and feel the warmth that were there when you took the pictures.

    ReplyDelete