Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Idle hours

A month has passed and it's already February, though I hope it's not too late to share how I spent the new year!

My family and I flew southwest of Manila to Puerto Princessa, Palawan. Much to my dismay, the weather was incredibly hot, much hotter than in the city (which was already really hot by the way, I can't stress that enough).

It was my first time to see a mangrove. I always thought mangroves looked like swamps, but now I know that they're much nicer, ha ha. Papa told me that the roots of a mangrove tree sometimes pop out into the surface of the sand and grow into another tree.

Fortunately, the hotel we stayed in had a nice lounge area. Apart from the free internet connection, the lounge also overlooked the beach. The air was salty and the sound of the waves from the distance was soft. I spent some afternoons reading Norwegian Wood to pass the time.

//

Yashica Electro 35 GS
Fujicolor YKL 100

3 comments:

  1. I love your photos! They're so nice and pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving these photos!!! Really beautiful!

    http://www.meredithsledgeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pictures, I especially love the light in the last one. I can definitely understand what it's like to need a break from the heat! Hope you had a great time anyway.

    ReplyDelete